Where is Lagos? Why go to Lagos?
- Lagos is a small municipality in southern Portugal, along the Algarve coast
- Lagos is famous for their beautiful beaches (in particular, Praia Dona Ana and Praia do Camilo – click here to see photos of these beaches). And because they are located by the water, they also have lots of fresh seafood restaurants for affordable prices! (Click here for the link to my blog post about one of the restaurants I went to in Lagos)
How to get to Lagos?
- Option 1: Take a bus from Seville (about a 3 hour ride) – this is a popular way people combine Spain and Portugal trips (Spanish bus company ALSA or Portuguese bus company EVA operate buses between Seville and Lagos)
- Option 2: Fly into Faro, Portugal (airport code: FAO) and then take a taxi to lagos (about a 2 hour ride and the taxi can be arranged when you arrive at the airport)
- Option 3: Take a bus from Lisbon (EVA or Rede Express are the two bus companies that operate buses between Lagos and Lisbon), which was about a 4 hour ride