Cabo da Roca is the westernmost point of continental Europe.
How to get to Cabo da Roca from Lisbon:
- You can rent a car and drive to Cabo da Roca (about 1 hour drive)
- You can take the train from Rossio station in Lisbon to Sintra, then take bus #403 from Sintra to Cabo da Roca (the bus stop is right in front of the Sintra train station).
- The bus from Sintra to/from Cabo da Roca runs every hour, but you can check the bus schedule at the bus stop for the most recent timetable
- From Rossio station in Lisbon, you can buy the Bilhete de 1 Dia (15 euros), which includes:
- Roundtrip train ride to/from Lisbon to Sintra (runs every 20-30minutes; duration = 40minutes)
- Bus rides within Sintra
- Bus to/from Sintra and Cabo da Roca
Aqui, onde a terra se acaba e o mar começa….
(Here, where the land ends and the sea begins…)