Address: Rambla, 91 08001 Barcelona
- Closest metro station: Line 3 – Liceu
Hours: Monday to Saturday 8am – 8:30pm
Similar to Mercado San Miguel in Madrid, La Boqueria is a market famous for fresh produce and seafood, but bigger in size.
These are example prices of how much things cost at the market (in August 2014):
- Fresh fruit juice: 1 – 2 euros
- Jamon (1 cup sized portion): 1.5 euros
- Fried calamari: 5 euros
- Prices are usually more expensive for the stores that are near the entrance to the market. So the more inside you go, the cheaper the prices will get.
- There is a huge seafood section in the market with sit down bar restaurants where they cook fresh seafood dishes for you, so if you are a seafood lover, this is a great place to go to for decently priced seafood dishes.
- My favourite section was the fruits section – the fresh fruit juices & fruits are generally cheaper than North America and they are great for boosting your immune system with some vitamin C while you are travelling ;)