Nerja is located in southern Spain, in the Andalusia region.
It is one of the cities on the south coast of Spain, ‘Costa del Sol.’ Many beautiful beaches can be found along the coast, including the ones in Nerja.
How to get to Nerja:
- By bus – you can get here by bus from Seville (5 hours), Malaga (1 hour), and Granada (3 hours). Alsa is a Spanish bus company that operates buses to and from Nerja to Seville, Malaga, and Granada. It is highly recommended that you book your bus tickets in advance during the peak seaon. Click here for bus timetable and to book tickets in advance for Alsa bus.
- By plane – since there are no airports in Nejra, you will have to fly into the closest airport, which is Malaga airport. From there, you will have to take the bus or rent a car to Nerja
- By train – since there are no train stations in Nerja, you will have to go to the nearest train station, which is the one in Malaga and take the bus or rent a car to Nerja
Main tourist attractions in Nerja:
- Balcon de Europa (see below for photos of Balcon de Europa)
- Beaches (see below for photos of the Beaches in Nerja)
- Las Cuevas de Nerja or Caves of Nerja (I didn’t get a chance to go to the caves myself, but click here for more information)
- Day trip to Frigiliana (click here for my blog post about Frigiliana)
Nerja in photos: