- Wat Arun is a buddhist temple located on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River
- Also called the Temple of Dawn, because the “first light of the morning reflects off the surface of the temple with pearly iridescence” (according to wikipedia!)
- There’s is a river boat station in front of the temple, so it is easily accessible by one of the river boats.
- Similar to the Grand Palace, you are not allowed to wear shorts/short skirts to the temple. If you are wearing shorts/short skirts, then you can rent one of the sarong wraps that they rent out at the temple for a charge.
- Ticket price: 50 Baht
- Once you are inside the template, you can climb up to the top of the temple – but this is not recommended if you are scare of heights, because the stairs are at almost an 80 degree angle (very steep!). So it’s a little scary to go up to the top, but once you get to the top, you can see a nice view of the river, which makes it worth the steep hike!