Key facts/things to know before you go:
- Bali Pulina is a coffee plantation, where you can tour the plantation to see how coffee, cocoa, etc are grown.
- There is no admission fee and you can also do free coffee and tea tasting.
- Once you get to the plantation, one of the guides, who speak English, will take you on a free tour and explain the whole process.
- To taste Kopi Luwak (Luwak coffee), it’s 50,000 IDR
- What is Kopi Luwak? It is known as one of the most expensive coffee beans in the world, as it involves a unique fermentation process. To make kopi luwak beans, it takes an Asian Palm Civet, a type of a cat, to eat coffee berry beans and ferment it. To read more about Kopi Luwak, click here for the Wikipedia article.