When you’re packing for your trip, one of the items you will need to pack is a travel tote/bag – something you can carry with you on the plane and/or carry around on a daily basis when you travel.
Things to look for in a travel tote/bag are:
- Weight (lighter the better)
- Has a zipper (prevents things from falling out and makes it hard for pick-pocketters)
- Size (not too small, not too big – but big enough to put a camera, water bottle, maps, etc.)
- Doesn’t get dirty easily
- Something that can be used after the trip
- Simple, but stylish design
- Not something that makes you look like a tourist just from the bag
So what’s my favourite travel tote that meets all of the above?
The Longchamp Le Pliage shoulder tote:
I have been taking my Longchamp Le Pliage tote with me everywhere I go from Europe to North America to Asia, it’s definitely my favourite.
I LOVE the Longchamp Le Pliage bag for travelling, because:
- it’s light and doesn’t get dirty easily
- fits everything
- has a zipper as well as a small inside pocket that’s perfect for putting my hotel keys or tickets when travelling,
- it can also be folded into a smaller size (so it doesn’t take up too much space in my luggage),
- it comes in a variety of colours, so you have the option to choose and they are very easy to match with any outfit.
- it’s great as a carry-on bag and a daily bag to use on my trips
If you’re planning to get a Longchamp Le Pliage bag for your trip, make sure to get the shoulder one, not the top handle one that doesn’t go over your shoulder.
The shoulder bags also come in two sides – small ($125 USD) and medium ($145 USD).
The price difference isn’t much, but I find that the medium size is too big for me and because I’m short. Also, for me, if I have a bigger bag, then I’ll end up putting more stuff in my bag and it will end up being very heavy! So I prefer a smaller one that still fits my essentials (the small one fits my ipad, DSLR, passport, small note pad, and make-up pouch).
Where can you buy Longchamp bags?
- Click here to locate a store in your country.
The cheapest way to buy Longchamp bags?
- Buy it in a duty free store. Many duty free stores carry them and since there’s no tax, it’s cheaper to buy it from a duty free store .
Pictures of me & my friend with the Longchamp Le Pliage: