Officina Profumo – Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella
About: Santa Maria Novella is one of the oldest pharmacies in the world (The pharmacy opened their doors to public in 1612 in Florence). The pharmacy began by selling pharmaceutical products, but later expanded their offering to skin/body care products, hair products, and perfumes.
- They also have other stores in Italy as well as stores around the world, but the Florence location is the biggest and the oldest location.
- There is a free museum inside the Florence store that still remains the layout/decor from 400 years ago. The Florence store is worth seeing even just for the decor (see interior pictures below in this post)
- The store is very popular by foreign tourists as the price of the products are often 2-3 times more than the price in Italy. To cater customers from different countries, they have the product lists available in store in different languages (English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese)
Address: Via della Scala, 16 – 50123
- I got both of these products and I loved both of them. Crema Idralia is especially good for the winter time when your skin can get really dry.
- I would recommend this store to anyone who’s big into skincare or getting a souvenir for someone who’s into skincare.