Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
Address: 498 Red Apple Court, Central Valley, NY 10917
Hours: Open daily from 10am – 9pm (holiday hours may vary)
How to get there:
- Drive to woodbury: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp?id=7#car
- Take a private tour van/limousine to Woodbury: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp?id=7#limo
- Take the train: http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/getaways/outbound_woodbury_commons.htm
- Take the bus: There are multiple bus companies who operate daily transportation to and from Woodbury. Below are the two options I have tried. One thing to note about the bus is that a lot of the times, the return bus will take longer than an hour (especially during the late afternoon/evening rush hour time), so make sure to budget for traffic time in your schedule.
Bus Option 1) Take the Short Line Bus from Port Authority
- $42 round trip – includes a VIP coupon value ($10), but if you tell them you don’t want this coupon book, then you can purchase the ticket without it for $32 (This is a cheaper option since you can buy the ticket without the coupon book)
- To buy your ticket online, please click here.
- However, buying the ticket early/on the day of, does not guarantee you a seat on the bus. Once you get your ticket, you need to go to the 3rd floor of Port Authority and line up for the bus. So if you were planning to take the 8:15am bus and the bus is full, then you will need to wait until the next available bus. So make sure you get there early to line up for the bus. (ex. when I went to Woodbury for after Christmas shopping on Dec.26 one year to take the 9:30 bus, but the line up was so long that ended up taking the 11:30 bus)
- Depart Daily (Except Dec 25 & Easter Sunday) from Port Authority (42nd St. & 8th Ave., 3rd floor):
7:15am 8:30am 9:30am 10:00am 11:30am 12:45pm 2:45pm
- Return schedule:
|Leave Woodbury:||3:36pm||4:20pm||4:45pm||5:21pm||5:45pm||6:15pm||6:58pm||8:16pm||8:26 p.m||9:26pm|
|Arrive NYC:||4:45pm||6:00pm||5:46pm||6:30pm||6:46pm||7:30 PM||8:03pm||9:11pm||9:30 p.m||10:50pm|
Bus Option 2) Take the Woodbury bus
- $40 per round trip
- There are 4 departure times during the day and 4 pick-up locations (Raddison Lexington Hotel, Pennsylvania Hotel, Sheraton New York, Milford Plaza Hotel)
- All drop-off locations are at Milford Plaza Hotel (8th Ave. & W 45th Street)
- Reserved seating on the bus (this is the key difference between taking the shortline bus vs. woodbury bus. I’ve taken both buses before and I personally liked the Woodbury bus better since I don’t have to wait until the next bus if it’s full)
- Free VIP coupon included
- To book the bus to Woodbury, click here.( You MUST print a copy of purchase and bring it to your pick-up location, where the guide will exchange it for a ticket)
Is it worth going? Yes and no – I have heard mixed reviews about this outlet. Some people say it’s worth going and some say it’s not worth it. Below are my two cents on whether it’s worth going or not.
- Yes – If you are looking to find deals for brands like J. Crew, Banana Republic, GAP, Nine West, Coach, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, etc. Or if you’re looking to go to an outlet with a wide variety of brands (Woodbury is one of the largest outlets in the US). Also, if you’re a non-American resident, you will find that the American brands are a lot cheaper at the outlet than at your home country.
- No – If you only have a few days in NYC, then I wouldn’t recommend going, because it is a day trip (min. 2hours round-trip to go there and come back and since the outlet is so big, it takes min. 3-4hours to look) and there are a lot of discount stores in manhattan (like Century 21 and Loehmann’s) as well as sample sales. Also, if you’re going there for non-American luxry goods brands like Prada, Gucci, and Moncler, it may not be worth it. For the times I have been to the outlet, the deals for those brands are not as good (I have been to the Prada and Gucci outlets in Italy and the prices in the US outlet is about 1.5 times higher than the outlets in Italy) and the sizes/product selection are limited. Having said that, I have found some good deals at Burberry when I went for after-Christmas shopping to Woodbury recently (in December 2012).
- So ultimately, it will depend on the amount of time you have, the brands you are looking for, the time of year you go, and the stock availability.